Have you completed the 2020 Census yet? Your response matters!
Schools. Health clinics. Fire departments. Libraries. Roads and highways. Get counted to help our community and state receive the resources we need. Help shape the future!
It’s crucial that Georgia and Houston County have the highest count possible. For the next 10 years, the census numbers will drive funding and other important decisions and impact our schools. This will affect our students who are now in kindergarten all the way through high school!
No code required!
· If you haven’t yet completed the 2020 Census, it’s easy and no code is needed! Go to https://my2020census.gov/.
Call on your friends and family!
· Please encourage your friends and family – by text, social media, and email – who live in Houston County to complete their census.
· Visit this page to make it easy to invite others to participate: https://2020census.gov/en/how-to-help.html.
Current Response Rate in Houston County
· Interested in the response rate for Houston County?
· Check out the map at this link: https://www.censushardtocountmaps2020.us/?latlng=32.56591%2C-83.43018&z=10&query=coordinates%3A%3A32.37532%2C-83.68286&promotedfeaturetype=counties&arp=arpRaceEthnicity&baselayerstate=5&rtrYear=sR2020latest&infotab=info-rtrselfresponse&filterQuery=false
· As of April 7, Houston County was at a 50.2% response rate. Some of our neighborhoods, though, are as low as 30.7%.
· We can do better! Let’s get 100%!
· Our U.S. Constitution, Article 1, Section 2, mandates that the country conduct a count of its population once every 10 years.
· The 2020 Census is the 24th time our country has counted the population since 1790.
· Materials for educators to teach students about the values and uses of the census may be found here: https://2020census.gov/en/educators.html.
· View a video of “What is the 2020 Census?” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syg4zqb0iCU&feature=emb_logo.
Get counted and help shape the future!